Preschool (ages 4-5)
Before you know it, your child will be in Kindergarten. There’s still a lot of important work to do to get your preschooler ready.
- Find out if your child is eligible to attend Wake Pre-K. (Your child must be 4, or will be 4 by August 31st, 2016.)
- Is your child on the waiting list for Wake Pre-K? Here are some options to consider.
- Review the important milestones your child should achieve by age 4 and age 5.
- Need home-based support with parenting skills, your pregnancy or finding resources? You may be able to receive services in your home through Wake Connections. Find out more.
- Are you concerned about the development of your child’s speech, language or learning?
- Call Project Enlightenment at 919-856-7776 to make an appointment for a free screening.
- Another program, Care Coordination for Children (919-250-1154) offers help for families and children at risk for developmental delay or disability, long-term illness and/or social, emotional challenges. Visit our Wake Connections website to apply.
- Stay fit and active. Follow these tips to help your preschooler maintain a healthy attitude towards exercise.
- Visit your local library. See the calendar to find preschool or family story time. Don’t have a library card? Here’s how to get one.
- Call 2-1-1 from any phone or visit the NC211 website 24/7 to access community resources (food, shelter, and more).