fbpx

Community

Individuals

“I am only one; but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”

-Helen Keller

So often, people find that they get back more from volunteering than they give.  In Wake County, volunteering on behalf of young children helps extend resources and enhance programs. When children are able to participate in high-quality child care and education and are ready for Kindergarten, they are more likely to become contributing citizens who help our community to thrive. Learn more about the value of expanding early childhood opportunities.

Doing Good Feels Really Good

Source: Happify

There are many ways in which you as an individual can support early care and education, including advocacy, financial giving and volunteering.

Volunteering: Be a Catalyst for Good

Organize a team of family members, friends, your faith community or neighbors and help our youngest children–turn others into champions! Be the individual who steps forward, inspires and points to the horizon line. Do you have a passion for making our community a better place for young children to live?

Volunteer projects enrich the lives of young children and have proven benefits to our wellbeing too! Are you part of a group that might like to take on a project? See this example of a community members in action during Keller Williams’ May 2015 RED Day of Service in Wake County.

Ready to get started? Visit our Volunteer Project Idea Bank and complete the Volunteer Application.

You can also lead fundraising efforts and work with WCSS on matching gift campaigns. Would you like to create a legacy gift in honor of your children, grandchildren or special teacher? Click here or contact Jennifer MacPherson.

Additional Resources

Review key research on the value of early education.

Featured videos

National initiatives

Other resources