Apply to Wake Pre-K
Wake Pre-K programs are publicly funded. They prepare children for school by using a program that enhances children’s physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development. Learn more about how to apply below.
APPLY FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
To be considered for 2022-23 Wake Pre-K programs, your child must be 4 years old on or before August 31, 2022.
How to apply for 2022-2023:
2. Print the application and mail it in.
Choose your application to print:
You will need to attach this supporting information to your online or printed application:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residence* (current light/water bill and lease agreement or statement from homeowner)
- Proof of all income: Please provide pay stubs for each employed family member/parent/guardian, child support, retirement, worker’s compensation, statement from supervisor, 2020 IRS 1040, unemployment/social security benefits letter or copies of all W-2s from 2020. (If you get paid weekly, submit four consecutive pay stubs; bi-weekly/twice monthly, submit two consecutive pay stubs; monthly, submit two full month pay stubs.) If “0” income is reported on your application, please click here to print a Pre-K Statement of Zero Income form to complete and submit with your application.
- Documentation of child’s additional needs (ex. parents in military service, developmental, educational or chronic health concerns)
*Reside with another family? Bring a notarized statement from the homeowner and a copy of their current light/water bill.
You can mail your application and supporting information (see list above) to:
Wake Pre-K Application Center
Wake County Smart Start
4901 Waters Edge Drive, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27606
Wake Pre-K placements are made based on program specific factors rather than a first come, first served basis. Wake Pre-K classrooms are located in public schools, in Head Start centers and in high quality child care facilities. Participation is voluntary.
Only complete applications can be processed for NC Pre-K.
Questions? Watch our step-by-step videos about Wake Pre-K:
For additional questions, please call our office at (919) 851-9550
Additional Information: WAKE THREESCHOOL
NEW! Do you have a child that will be 3 years old by August 31, 2022?
If so, your child may be eligible for Wake ThreeSchool. Click HERE to learn more.