What If My Child is On the Waiting List?
While families are waiting, we encourage them to consider the following available resources:
- Wake Connections: information on home-based services for children and their parents.
- Additional options for children’s early education programs may be available through Child Care Services Association (CCSA). Click here to visit their website.
- You can also check out nearby faith communities (churches, temples, synagogues and/or mosques) to see if they have programs.
- Wake County Local Interagency Coordinating Council (LICC): Roadmap Resource
- Wake County Resource Guide: Catholic Charities – English | Spanish
- East Wake Education Foundation (serving Knightdale, Wendell and Zebulon): 919-366-5901
- Parents as Teachers: Project Enlightenment, 919-856-7789
- Ready-to-Learn Centers: Project Enlightenment, 919.856.7774
- Family Literacy Program: Telamon, 919-747-7855
- Supporting School Readiness: Project Enlightenment, 919-856-2796
- School Readiness Services for Hispanic Children & the Language is the Key reading program: Catholic Charities, 919-973-0094, ext. 222
- Care Coordination for Children (CC4C), 919-250-1154
- Wake County Public Libraries: click here for locations. View the event calendar here.